QuestionConfiguration: Asus Vivobook S400CA with Windows 8 Enterprise.
- Right click taskbar
- Click Toolbars
- Uncheck 'Touch Keyboard'
- It disappears, but will reappear again whenever I'm using the touch screen a lot and it's prompting me with a text input.
- Press Win + R, type 'services.msc', press Enter
- Find 'Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service', and double tap/click it
- Click Stop
- Select 'disabled' at 'Startup type'
- Click Ok, then reboot
- This works at first, but when I put the device to sleep and turn it on again, it's back. This does not happen on a normal reboot.
- Press Win + R, type 'gpedit.msc', press Enter
- Navigate to User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar
- Find 'Do not display any custom toolbars in the taskbar', and double tap/click it
- Click Enabled
- Click Ok, then reboot.
- This disables all my toolbars, which is not what I want. I need my download/upload meter toolbar to stay.