Windows 8 Will not boot after automatic update.

I was doing school work and windows told me to save my work and that it will install updates. It forced me into updating even while i closed the notifications. It rebooted without notice. Whatever... I went through, it installed the updates 3 of 3 and then rebooted. Now the windows 8 logo comes out and then the screen just stays blank.
I have a macbook air 2012. So i do not have access to a dvd drive although i do have the dvd i purchased..... I've tryed rebooting several times with the same result, a blank screen.

I looked up how to boot into safe mode but apparently that feature has been removed and is only available through the dvd.

Please help me i am very frustrated because the progress of my school work is gone due to a forced update.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 429 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Jose,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community forums.

I understand the hard time you had, that you are unable to boot the Computer to the Start screen after performing automatic update.

Since you are using Macbook air 2012, I would suggest you to refer to the article given below.

DVD or CD sharing: Using Remote Disc

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5287?viewlocale=en_US

The article suggests that the Mac computer need to be connected to a network so that the DVD drive can be shared and accessed, this is the best work around possible for this issue.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to post, we will be glad to assist.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.