windows 8 why boot from usb very slow?

My  pc is HP Probook 4530s. run windows 8 pro for 6 months or more. 
one day while i'm using it the blue screen appear and message " your pc ran into problem........", and then restart itself.
when it start up the message say " your pc need to repair......." because missing boot file.
=============================

so, i plug a usb flash SanDisk 16GB that has windows 8 pro the as my current window to boot from it to repair.
when i select boot option from usb it can boot, but take long time (not generally it take more than 1 hour).

now i cannot do anythings with it my document in my pc is very important.
can any one help me please..................

|
Answer
Answer

Hi,

1.       Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

2.       How are you trying to repair using the USB?

Step 1: I would suggest you to recreate installation media:

How to create installation media to either USB or DVD

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

Step 2: Also, remove any other external hardware connected to PC expect keyboard and mouse and then continue with troubleshooting.

Please check if you are following the instructions correctly. If USB doesn’t work, please try with a DVD to check if it works:

Method 1:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 8 from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘System Restore’ and select the operating system.

Method 2: If system restore does not work then let's perform a startup repair using Windows 8 bootable DVD or USB drive and check if that helps.

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 8 from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, please try to boot into WINRE (Windows Recovery Environment) and try system restore in case you are not able to boot into safe mode as well.

To boot into WINRE follow the link provided below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-are-the-system-recovery-options-in-Windows-7

Please post back if you need further assistance on the issue. I’ll be glad to assist you.

6 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 1, 2020 Views 6,995 Applies to: