Windows 8 Restore points and current usage

I was looking at my restore points on my new computer the other day, and noticed that some were missing. There was only 1.  I created a new one, giving me two, but last night, I was back to 1.
Looking at the Systems Protection configuration screen, I saw that the Max usage had been set to 1%, a bit over 8 GB.  The Current Usage showed close to 8 GB
I moved it up to 2%, deleted my restore points, and started over, by creating a couple more new restore points.  The Current Usage was now down to around 19 MB. A little while later, I installed a new program, and created another restore point. I took a look to see if they were all still there, and they were, but the Current Usage was now up over 200 MB, and growing.  It's still getting bigger as I type, it's up to 872 MB. It's been getting bigger by the second, even though I'm not adding more restore points.  One concern I have, is that it might start deleting restore point when it gets close to the Max Usage that I set.  What is happening.  Why is the Current Usage continually getting larger.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 97 Applies to:
I was looking at my restore points on my new computer the other day, and noticed that some were missing. There was only 1.  I created a new one, giving me two, but last night, I was back to 1.
Looking at the Systems Protection configuration screen, I saw that the Max usage had been set to 1%, a bit over 8 GB.  The Current Usage showed close to 8 GB
I moved it up to 2%, deleted my restore points, and started over, by creating a couple more new restore points.  The Current Usage was now down to around 19 MB. A little while later, I installed a new program, and created another restore point. I took a look to see if they were all still there, and they were, but the Current Usage was now up over 200 MB, and growing.  It's still getting bigger as I type, it's up to 872 GB. It's been getting bigger by the second, even though I'm not adding more restore points.  One concern I have, is that it might start deleting restore point when it gets close to the Max Usage that I set.  What is happening.  Why is the Current Usage continually getting larger.
Is that "872GB" a typo?
.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry. It should have been 872 MB.  I'll go back and edit it. Right now it's up to 1,014 MB.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.