Windows 8 Refresh Stops At %77 Then Restarts And Shows An Error

I Cant Refresh My Windows 8 Pro Because When I Do It , It Stops At %77 Then Restarts And Shows An Error (There Was A Problem During Refreshing Your PC)
Answer
Answer

Hi Sajjad,

I understand that you are unable to refresh your Windows 8 computer.

1. Have you made any recent changes to the computer?
2. Why are you trying to Refresh Windows 8?
I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable all the external devices except Mouse and keyboard and try to refresh.

Method 2:

Use check disk command for any errors on hard disk -

Warning: Microsoft does not recommend interrupting the CHKDSK process. Microsoft does not guarantee the integrity of the disk if the CHKDSK program is interrupted .For safety you can back up your data before using the check disk command.

Use the check disk commands as follows:
a. Press Windows Key + X, then choose Command prompt (Admin) from the context menu.
b. In search window type 'cmd' and ENTER. Right click and select 'Run as administrator'.
c. Type at the command prompt CHKDSK /P and press ENTER to scan the disk.
d. Then type CHKDSK C: /F /R and press ENTER to repair corrupt sectors, if there are any.

NOTE: The root drive has to be C: and the command may schedule a task at the system startup, if it does, then press Y to schedule a task and restart the computer to perform chkdsk.
Once chkdsk completes, boot to the desktop and then check.

Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost

You can follow the links mentioned below for more information.

How to restore, refresh, or reset your PC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

How to create installation media for a PC refresh or reset:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

Refresh and reset your PC:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2012/01/04/refresh-and-reset-your-pc.aspx

Disclaimer for Refresh:The apps that came with your PC or you installed from Windows Store will be reinstalled, but any apps you installed from other websites and DVDs will be removed. You'll find a list of the removed apps on your desktop after refreshing your PC.

Disclaimer for Reset: All of your personal files will be deleted and your settings will be reset. Any apps the came with your PC will be reinstalled, but all other apps will be removed.

Hope the above information helps.

Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 378 Applies to: