windows 8 pro is not installing in windows xp sp3 system and getting error as winload.exe not found and error code: 0xc0000001

Hi everybody, Am new to microsoft community.

The problem for me is whenever am installing windows 8 through bootable disk on startup it is asking to press any key to boot from cd/dvd.

After pressing, it is taking 20 to 30 minutes to boot and am getting BLUE SCREEN with the following error. I don't know whats the problem clearly.

Recover

Your PC needs to be repaired The application or Operating system couldn.t be loaded because a required file is missing or contained errors.

file:\windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

Error code:0xc0000001

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don't have any installation media(like a disc or usb device) contact your system administrator or pc manufacturer

press Enter to try again

press F8 for startup settings

Here am giving full details that, actually for my laptop i extended 3gb ram to 5gb ram, at the bios side it is showing 5gb ram but in windows xp sp3 it is showing old version of 3gb only, So, i thought that i have to format it may be it will show after formatting, so i formatted again with windows xp sp2 and i installed SP3 converter,Again it is showing 3GB only. Whatever it may be After that when i want to install WINDOWS 8 now it is showing the error what can i do, what is the problem, is it problem with OS or problem with SP3 or problem with RAM i don.t know.

Please rectify it soon. Thanks in advance..

Hi Ravikanth,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums.

Based on the issue description I understand that you are unable to install Windows 8 on Windows XP computer and you are receiving error code 0xc0000001.

I understand it must be frustrating, but rest assured, we are here to help you and guide you in the right direction.

I would really appreciate if you can help me with the following information.

1.      Are you trying to perform clean install?

2.      Did you run Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant before installing Windows 8?

The error code 0xc0000001 generally indicates that that winload.exe found in C:\Windows\System32\Boot could not be found or is corrupt.  This could be the result of a corrupt download, prior to the creation of the ISO you burned to DVD. 

I would suggest you to perform Automatic Repair to check if your system is capable of UEFI booting.

a)      Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 8 from it.

b)      In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c)      Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d)      Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

Hope it helps.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Regards,
Anil

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Mr. Anil Kumar,

First of all thanks for your reply,

Actually i downloaded the windows 8 pro from microsoft downloads, and i checked the SHA1 code of the iso to verify it correct or not, but it is perfectly good iso. After that i burned that iso file to dvd with nero essentials, I AM performing clean installation only, before that I also run windows 8 upgrade Assistant from microsoft site and I installed on my windows xp sp3 os, after 15 minutes waiting it is showing that "You can upgrade to windows 8 pro" so I inserted the dvd of windows 8 pro and I am performing clean installation from boot menu only.

Here it is not showing all these like "language to install" or anything, directly when my boot menu shows press any key to boot from cd/dvd, after pressing it is showing windows logo in middle with some slide action, after 15 to 20 minutes it is directly showing recovery error and no other option is getting like "language to install", "Time and currency format" and all. Directly it is showing me as an error of recovery.

and showing those 2 options that

press Enter to try again

press F8 for startup settings

but no one is working, directly am turning off from the laptop button. Please help me soon, Am so enthusiastic to use windows 8. Thanks in advance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 174 Applies to: