Windows 8 Pro Error: The registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for importing and burning CDs and DVDs are missing. How can I fix this?

I am having problems with my iTunes as it won't recognize the CD/DVD drive after I installed Windows 8 Pro and downloaded the compatible drivers from Toshiba's website for my CD/DVD drive. I keep getting this error message when I open iTunes:

The registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for importing and burning CDs and DVDs are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall iTunes.

I did uninstall iTunes and reinstalled it, restared my computer, went to open iTunes again and the same message appeared. I went to the apple website to see if I could get any troubleshooting on the issue but have not been able to get any answers and I don't want to be charged to make a phone call to their experts to talk about it. I know iTunes is not a Windows program, but my computer was acting fine up until I installed Windows 8 Pro. I downloaded the latest version of Gear Drivers that iTunes needs but still the same error message pops up when I open iTunes. Can someone please help me or at least point me in the right direction as to how I can go about fixing this issue?

Hey Bretterson,

Check with iTunes, they are the only people to help you better.

Here you will only get help with Windows OS related issues. You will get help from Forum Moderators, MVP's, Support Engineers if you are facing issue with Windows OS related issues.

All the best!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello JonsonRobert,

I didn't have this issue until I installed Windows 8 Pro, so technically it is a windows related issue and there has to be software that can fix my problems.

Thanks,
Bretterson89

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 627 Applies to: