Windows 8 Gateway laptop, Model: NV52L23u, Blue Screen Error;Recovery; Anyone Help please?

Hello Microsoft,

So I have a windows 8 gateway laptop and it was working for like a week then all the sudden it randomly turned off and gave me a blue screen recovery error" There is a photo above on what it looks like, I can enter my BIOS witch is Inseydeh20 utility settings, yes I have contacted GATEWAY and I bought a recovery disc witch was my boot disc and my system disc, I just need to know how to get to f8 settings because when my computer loads the gateway logo under it gives me the options Press <f2> To Enter Setup, Press <f12> To enter Boot Device Manager, but I do not see the option for <f8> Startup Settings, HELP PLEASE it would be appreciated!!

Thanks

~Aidan

Information: Windows 8 Gateway, Model: NV52L23u, Processor: AMD Quad-Core A8-4500m, Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7640G with 512 MB Graphics System Memory,

Note: Sorry about the photo the camera takes pictures backwards.. but if you cant read it here is what it says:

RECOVERY

Your PC needs to be repaired

A required device isn't connected or cant be accessed.

Error Code: 0xc0000178

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. if you don't have any installation media (like disk or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer. ( I Already Did)

Answer
Answer

Hi Aidan,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community, we’re here to help you with this issue.

The Error Code: 0xc0000178 is generally displayed when Windows is unable to access a required device like the driver on which windows is installed. In Windows 8, to enter the Startup settings, you need boot the computer using the Windows recovery disc. Insert the Windows recovery disc and follow these steps:

1. When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.
  2. The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
  3. Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM.
  4. After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
  5. Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
  6. Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner
  7. Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click “Startup settings’.

In situations when your computer is not booting to the desktop and displays a Blue screen, it is advisable to run an automatic repair which can automatically detect and fix the issues that prevent the computer from starting normally. Follow the same steps as suggested above to enter the Windows recovery environment. Once you reach the ‘Advanced options’ screen, click on ‘Automatic repair’ and follow the prompts.

Hope this helps. Feel free to get back to us if you have any further assistance; we’d be happy to help.

Cheers,
Ben.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 1, 2023 Views 2,731 Applies to: