Windows 8 Computer getting Kernel Data Inpage Error. Please Help!

Hello, I got an error message saying Kernel_Data_Inpage_Error. This has happened whenever I open a game like Counter Strike or sometimes when I open Spotify, I don't know if that is related to the games or just bad timing, but what has been happening is I get a blue screen with the Kernel data inpage error. I have let it restart several times and this has done nothing. I have Windows 8, which came with the computer, but this computer is pretty new, maybe a year and a half, and I don't know what to do. Please Help!

Hi,

Let us work together to resolve this issue.

Please answer these questions:

1.     What is the complete and exact error message that you receive?

2.     Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

Here’s what you can try:

Method 1: Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.

a.     Press Windows key +W and type Windows Update under Search.

b.     Select Windows Updates and select Check for Updates Now.

c.      Follow the prompted steps.

Check if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: Scan the computer for computer viruses.

I would suggest you to scan your computer with Microsoft Safety Scanner, which would help to get rid of viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free-to-download security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Important: While scanning the hard drive if any bad sectors are found, the scanner tries to repair that sector, any data available on that might be lost.

Method 3: Check the hard disk for errors.

Refer to the section: To Repair a Drive, in the following link:

Improve performance by optimizing your hard drive
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/improve-performance-optimizing-hard-drive

Important:  Data available on bad sectors might be lost when chkdsk tries to repair your hard disc.

Please get back to us with the results and any other questions you might have regarding Windows operating systems. We are here to assist.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

First, the full error message is : Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you (10% Complete "which goes up obviously with time") If you'd like know more, you can search online later for this error: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
(and don't believe I did any changes prior to the error)

Second, Method 1 just told me no updates were available.

Third, I am in the middle of Method 2 and will update you when the full scan is complete.

Fourth, Method 3 I am waiting for (Method 2's) full scan to finish before I restart, so I don't have to wait again for the full scan. 

Lastly, now I am also getting an error saying: WerFault.exe - Application Error
The instruction at 0x73a67891 referenced memory at 0x71b7c480. The memory could not be read. 

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Tried tgese methods. But no use. Frustrated this unfriendly and unpopular and 
ANNOYING Windows 8

Sorry this didn't help.

tried method 1 and method 3. however still facing the problem.

method 2 cant be executed from start to end since restart happens with this error while in the midst. please help

Sorry this didn't help.

There is one thing that nobody seems to notice. If you have a laptop (i'm not sure about a normal pc, because laptops have their own powersaving settings), go to control panel-powersaving, go to your used powersaving setting and click "advanced settings" or whatever it's called. From there go to "disk power" (sorry, mine is written in russian xD) and there will be an option to automaticaly turn off hard drive after a certain period of time. Set the time from default 3 (not charging) and 15 (charging) to 999999999 and beyond. That helped me xD

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 22, 2020 Views 15,132 Applies to: