Windows 8 BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (tcpip.sys)

I just recently bought a Windows 8 laptop with a 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 8GB RAM 1TB HD and Intel HD Graphics 4000 I installed basic programs on it and just this morning, it keeps getting the BSOD error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (tcpip.sys) I log in and start browsing the web or something for a test. Or I launch a game as I am a hardcore gamer. And about two minutes later it crashes and gets the BSOD. It restarts and starts the cycle all over. Please help. 
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you better please provide information on these questions:

1.      Are you using surface or windows 8 laptop?

2.      Could you please upload the minidump and send?

I would like you to try out few methods to fix the issue:

Method 1: Boot into Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

If the issue does not persist in safe mode, perform clean boot.

Method 2: Clean Boot.

Perform clean boot to identify if any 3rd party service is causing this issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow Step 3 from the link to start the computer to Normal start up mode.

Method 3: Disable third party anti-virus.

a. Press “Windows key + C”.

b. Choose Search, and type in Control panel.

c. Under System and Security, clicking Review your computer's status.

d. Click the arrow button next to Security to expand the section.

e. If Windows can detect your antivirus software, it's listed under Virus protection.

f. If the software is on, check the Help that came with the software for information on disabling it.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Method 4: Run the chkdsk and check.

a.       Logon to Windows 8 computer with administrative privileges.

b.      Create a shortcut of CMD.EXE file on the desktop. (Path for the file is C:\Windows\System32).

c.       Right click on the created desktop shortcut and from the available menu click on Runs as administrator.

d.      From the appeared User Account Control (UAC) confirmation box click on Yes button.

e.       On the opened command box type CHKDSK command followed by the drive letter with colon sign.

f.       Provide appropriate parameters like /F or /R to fix errors of the hard disk or to repair bad sectors and extract readable information from them respectively. (E.g. CHKDSK C: /F or CHKDSK C: /R)

g.      Hit enter key to execute the provided command.

Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost

If you need any further assistance, please reply and we will be happy to help you.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 11, 2020 Views 11,477 Applies to: