wake up windows 8 without keyboard or mouse

Ok heres the problem, I have a new (less than a week old, medion akaya pc8585), it has windows 8, on it, so I set it doing a task, and told it to shutdown post this task completing.

Today I switch it on, and as soon as the pc starts, it goes to a screen with a tower on it, and the time, and wifi signal, the mouse/keyboard stop functioning, and I cannot get it to work at all, reboots have no effect, restoration to before the last critical update, have no effect.  I cannot use the system as is now, I do not want to do a full restore, so I need assistance, because of the wonderful not being able to get to safe mode, I can't even as it to go to the last known good configuration, so now that it is impossible to do anything in windows, what other options are there?

The update that happended was a windows update, it was automated as the machine was on, so have no idea what updated, however I did do a system restore so these updates should not be on anymore, yet it still shows the same problem.

Thanks.

Paul.

Answer
Answer

Hi Paul,

How were you able to perform System Restore, when the mouse and keyboard aren’t working?

Here’s what you can try:

Boot from the Windows 8 installation media and then perform Automatic Repair and check if it helps.

If you don’t have a Windows 8 DVD, refer to the following link to do so:

How to create installation media for a PC refresh or reset

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

Follow the steps to perform Automatic Repair:

a.     Insert installation media and restart the computer.

b.     Select language and click on Next.

c.      Select Repair your Computer and click on Skip this drive.

d.     Select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options.

e.     Here choose the option Automatic Repair and follow the prompted instructions.

Please get back to us with the results.

If you have any further questions regarding Windows operating system, contact us on this forum. We are glad to be of assistance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 431 Applies to: