System thread exception not handled igdkmd64.sys

I tried starting with upgrading my windows 7 ultimate to windows 8 pro and then tried a straight clean installation and get the same blue screen.
Everything installs fine but when I try to boot in to windows 8 the blue screen says "System thread exception not handled igdkmd64.sys"
Pretty sure that's the Intel HD graphics, so that's why I tried the clean install without any drivers installed but I still get the same blue screen error.
I'm using an i5 660 with the Intel DH55HC motherboard.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Are you overclocking?

We do need the actual DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

If you are overclocking stop.  (chances are if you dont know if you are, you are not)

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
 *Please upload them to a file sharing service like Skydrive or"Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

Please also run MSinfo32 and upload the output as well.

To run MSinfo32 please go to start>run>MSinfo32
Go to "file" "save" and upload the saved file with the DMPS
(Instructions for XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8)
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not overclocking.

When should I get the minidump? I tried booting into safe mode as soon as I could and there was nothing in the minidump folder. I triple checked minidumps are enabled and tried the install 3 times.
What happens is, when starting windows 8 for the first time and it's doing the "getting devices ready" it stops at about 60% and then I get the BSOD. After that it reboots and restores windows 7 and then after that I can get in to safe mode but there's nothing in the minidump folder.

MSinfo 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Setup log files are helpful in cases like this:  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh824819.aspx

Please zip up the one's that you can find and upload them to your SkyDrive account.

Can you boot into Safe Mode or one of the repair modes?  If so, try updating the drivers from Intel:  http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Desktop+Boards&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+5+Series+Chipset+Boards&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Desktop+Board+DH55HC
- John
My website: http://www.carrona.org/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here's what I could find.

The rollback setupact.log mentions something about igdkmd64.

The only time it lets me boot into safe mode is after everything is finished, which is my previous (or rolled back) windows 7 install. I made sure to update the drivers before the install.

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for this opportunity to bring forward our issues.
I believe you will come up with some solution. I indeed am facing the same challenge.

Followings are the files which are linked as told by you.

Thank you.

In hope to find a solution.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

ZionAakaar
Please post your own question so that your issues can receive the individual attention that they deserve.
- John

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It appears to me that the problem is with igdkmd64 as you have already mentioned.

1)  It is possible that the installation media is corrupted.  If it's a downloaded copy, please re-download another copy and burn it to the media at a slower speed (if possible).

2)  If it's the Windows provided DVD's, either try the other version that came in the package (which may have limitations if you switch to the 32 bit version of the OS) - or request another copy of the installation media from the reseller/Microsoft.

3)  Disable the Intel graphics in the BIOS and see if Windows will install then (using the default drivers on the nVidia card).

4)  It may be hardware issues.  Please run these free diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html
- John

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I've disabled it in the BIOS as well as gone with a clean install. I also downloaded and burned a new copy as well as run the installer from the desktop with no success. At this point I'm assuming this mobo+cpu combo isn't compatible with windows 8 since I don't know what else can be done beyond disabling the onboard video and having no drivers installed.

I'm upgrading to an ivybridge i5 and a "windows 8 ready" asus mobo anyway, so we'll see how things go once those arrive.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hii i am facing with this BSOD error after upgrading from windows 7 ........any how i was able to upgrade to windows 8 successfully but while i was seriously doing my work i am getting this error "Sys_Thread_Exception_Not _Handled" and it is failing to restart........can u please help me here are the minidum,MSinfo files link

http://sdrv.ms/VKU5xa

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have this blue screen message on Windows 8  "Sys_Thread_Exception_Not _Handled" and all of the sudden it re-started, I just bought this laptop, please help me to resolve the problem, I dont know what is going on...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 15, 2021 Views 13,981 Applies to: