System crashes after upgrading from "Windows 8 release preview" to "Windows 8 release preview with media center" when connected to Internet

I'm using "Windows 8 release preview" since last 4 months. 
I recently upgraded the system to "Windows 8 release preview with media center", but my system crashes after every boot and reboots. 
It works only when I disconnect from an Internet  connection. Once I connect back to internet, the system shows blue screen again. Now, I don't even have a system restore to get back to previous configuration. 
I want to use internet on system without the system getting crashed, please help me to fix this issue.

I'm using Dell Inspiron 15R
Answer
Answer

The minidump files show a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) stop error referencing the netio.sys:

BUCKET_ID:  0x133_DPC_NETIO!StreamInjectRequestsToStack

The netio.sys is a Windows driver involved in "networking".

The process that is consistently crashing is the avgnsa.exe which is an AVG process.

I would suggest to uninstall AVG and see if the crashes resolve.

There also appears to be a leftover driver (tmtdi.sys) from a previous Trend Micro installation.

If you previously had Trend Micro installed consider running the following Trend Micro removal tool:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages/How-do-I-remove-old-or-new-versions-of-Trend-Micro-products-in-my-comp.aspx#

If you are running Windows 8 pre-release software consider using just the Windows built-in antivirus and firewall software rather than any third party antivirus or firewall software. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 225 Applies to: