My dual boot system (Windows 8 + Ubuntu) is starting with Windows 8 icon, giving troubleshoot option and not getting started.

I wanted to make my system dual boot with Windows 8 and Ubuntu 12.04  I installed Windows 8 with two partitions and left one more partition of 50 GB for installing ubuntu. When I tried to install ubuntu in it, it gave errors. Trying to correct those errors I made my drives dynamic from basic type. Then finally after choosing options I installed ubuntu in that 50 GB drive. But after that dual boot got corrupted and Windows didn't appeared in dual boot. I have vaio laptop but my assist button could not recover my laptop. Then I started having grub rescue errors. Then neither was I able to reinstall my system with any version of Windows or Ubuntu. My hard disk is not accessable while trying to install ay operating system.
After I saw this page I tried what Mr. J W Stuart illustrated and I really want to thank him for it. I worked a bit and started displaying Windows 8 icon followed by an error message and all.
You-Tube Link  :   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifSHU2oqoH8
This video link has the exact problems what I am facing right now. All the things shown are exactly the same as mine. So please help me out of all this. Suggest me how can I recover my system and install a fresh copy of Windows 8 and have my system working well again. Hoping for an answer !!
Answer
Answer

Hi,

I understand that you are facing issues while dual booting Windows 8 and Ubuntu 12.04.

At this point, you can only do a Custom installation which will save his data but programs will be gone.

To perform a custom installation using a DVD or USB flash drive

If you bought Windows 8 on DVD or created a DVD or USB flash drive when you downloaded Windows 8, follow these steps to perform a clean installation.

1.      Turn on your PC so that Windows starts normally, insert the Windows 8 DVD or USB flash drive, and then shut down your PC

2.      Restart your PC.

If you restart your PC and your current version of Windows starts, you might have to change the boot order in your PC's BIOS settings so that your PC boots from the media. To get instructions on changing the boot order for your PC, check the documentation that came with your PC or go to the manufacturer's website.

To change the boot order, you'll generally press a combination of keys (such as F2, F12, Delete, Esc) immediately after you turn on your PC. If your current version of Windows still starts, try again by waiting until Windows asks you to sign in, and then restart your PC again.

3.      On the Install Windows page, enter your language and other preferences, and then click Next.

4.      On the Please read the license terms page, if you accept the license terms, click I accept the license terms, and then click Next.

5.      On the Which type of installation do you want? page, click Custom.

6.      ·  When you've finished formatting, click Next.

7.      ·  Follow the instructions to finish installing Windows 8.

You can refer to the article mentioned below fore more information.

How to perform a clean installation of Windows 8

windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/clean-install

However, since there were a lot of changes made to the hard drive, there is a possibility of data loss at this stage. So, it is better for the you to first consult a professional data recovery team before making any changes or trying any other installation.

If you need any further assistance, please reply and we will be happy to help you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 388 Applies to: