My computer turns on but doesn't boot up windows 8, any solutions?

I left the computer on when I went out. I came home to find it off. After turning it back on, it doesn't start windows 8 anymore. I tried rebooting and nothing. I turned off and un/replugged everything. I even tried my Windows 8 install cd and it doesn't even read it. Considering to buy one of those crash repair cd if I can't get this fixed. Any suggestions?
Answer
Answer

Hi,

When you say that all your computer does is turn on, do you mean that the computer just powers up and it does not display anything on screen? Does the computer get to the BIOS splash screen?

If the computer is not even getting to the BIOS splash screen, it could well be a problem with the BIOS installed. This could be a possibility because you said in your first post that you are not able to boot from the Operating System DVD. If you get to the BIOS splash screen, you can get into the boot options menu by pressing a certain function key (F2, F12 etc.) to boot from a DVD. Do you see a screen with such options after you have turned the computer on?

In order to recover the system, we need to boot it up from a Windows 8 installation media. In order to boot from an installation media, you will have to press a certain key when the computer is displaying the BIOS screen. If you are able to see the BIOS screen, please check what dedicated key you need to press in the computer to get into the Boot Options/Boot Priority menu. Once you are in that menu, you can select which drive your computer needs to boot from.

If your computer is not booting up from the installation media even after you selecting the correct installation media in the boot options menu, this could again be a BIOS issue. The BIOS controls these functions in a computer.

Hence, at this point, I would suggest you to check with your motherboards manufacturer once to see why the computer is not even booting from an Windows 8 installation DVD. There could be an available BIOS update for your system. Please check this option and see if that helps the situation. Do get back to us if you still need any assistance with Windows.

Have a good day!

Thanks and Regards-
Madeni K N

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 9, 2019 Views 1,035 Applies to: