I just did a refresh with Windows 8, it loaded to 100% and the screen for me to enter my password came up. I entered my password and my screen turned Orange and stopped. Nothing is happening. It wont log into my system it just stalls. I've let it sit
there for hours and still nothing. What should I do?
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.
I know that you are having a hard time with the windows 8,as you are not able to login into your computer after the refresh.
In order to assist you better, please reply to these questions:
1.What is the make and model of computer?
2.Why did you refresh your computer?
I would suggest you to follow the methods given:
Method 1: Perform Startup repair:
I would suggest you to perform a startup repair using Windows 8 bootable DVD or USB drive and check if that helps.
a) Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 8 from it.
b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.
Method 2: Safe Mode:
1. Press “windows key + c”.
2. Type in advanced in the search box.
3. Scroll down to the bottom until you see an option labeled advanced startup.
4. Click on the Restart now button and Windows 8 will restart your computer and go directly into the Advanced Startup options menu.
5. Click on troubleshoot and then the Advanced options button.
6. New windows will open which says Startup Settings.
7. Choose an option says Enable Safe mode.
If the issue doe not persist in safe mode, perform clean boot
Method 3: Clean Boot
If you’re able to get on the desktop, then perform clean boot to identify if any 3rd party service is causing this issue: