Question

"Kernel Security Check Failure" and computer crash when I plug in USB mouse

devdevdev51 asked on
Hello,

Whenever I plug my mouse into the USB port, my computer crashes and gives me the error "Kernel Security Check Failure". I tried uninstalling the mouse driver but that did not work. The mouse works fine after the computer reboots. Thank you for your help.

Here is the link to the only minidump file I was able to upload (permissions issues with the others):
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=AB9340451E9919AC%21161

Let me know if there is anything else you need. Thanks.
4 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Patrick Barker replied on
Hi,

The attached DMP file is of the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139) bug check.

This bug check indicates that the kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.

BugCheck 139, {3, ffffd00022411350, ffffd000224112a8, 0}

The 1st parameter of the bugcheck is 3 which indicates that a LIST_ENTRY was corrupted. Code 3, LIST_ENTRY corruption. This type of bug check can be difficult to track down and indicates that an inconsistency has been introduced into a doubly-linked list (detected when an individual list entry element is added to or removed from the list).

Unable to load image NMgamingms.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NMgamingms.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NMgamingms.sys
Probably caused by : NMgamingms.sys ( NMgamingms+1cbb )

^^ Primax and/or Dell USB Optical Mouse driver (CHECK OEM - system manufacturer). This is an extremely problematic device driver in Windows and/or 8.1 simply due to the fact that there are no supported drivers for 8/8.1, therefore you crash upon connecting it. The only thing you can do is check the manufacturers website of the mouse and check for an 8/8.1 driver.

Regards,

Patrick
Debugger/Reverse Engineer.
1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

progress