kernel data inpage error windows 8

Hi,
I also have the problem with blue screen + the kernel_data_inpage_error and don't know what to do (sometimes the command 'srv.sys' is added, I got this screen a lot of times since the past 2 days). I already read a few posts about this topic before, but they don't really help me. I tried to scan in the prompt with 'sfc/scannow' command, but after 50% it says that there are damaged files which can't be repaired, then the scan stops.
I also ran 'malwarebytes' over the system but this didn't find anything.
I'm a bit confused because this win8 - acer is not really old and I didn't load much new stuff on it, so it'd be great if someone could help me :)

The minidumps are attached to to link, maybe they'll help anyone.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey Paul,

The error code KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR STOP states that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory. It appears that there are some issues with the hard disk.

Try running check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

1. Type command prompt in the Search charms. Right click on it and click on Run as administrator.

2. Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.

NOTE: The root drive has to be C: and the command may schedule a task at the system startup, if it does, then press Y to schedule a task and restart the computer to perform chkdsk.

Check Disk Disclaimer: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check if the issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. If you have any concerns, please let us know.

Microsoft Desktop Support Engineer

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the fast answer,
I ran chkdsk, and I got no new error so far, but I have to see if it works the next time.
But since the check my laptop needs a long time to boot after i logged in, about 5 mins until I can start working with it, do you know what I can do to solve this?

Paul

-UPDATE

the error came back yesterday, so it's still not fixed. I ran chkdsk again, it's booting faster now.
but I still want to get rid off this Kernel thing, any other idea?

Also, sometimes after I logged in, there is just a black screen where I can move the mouse but nothing else happens. Do you think I could restore the system to an earlier time to solve this?

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes Paul. If you have created system restore points when the computer was working fine, then you may perform System restore to that point and check if that makes any difference.

Follow the steps mentioned under the section "Restore your PC to an earlier point in time"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

System Restore Disclaimer: System restore will restore your computer to a prior time when the computer was working fine. So any changes made to the computer after the restore point will be erased

Let us know the results.

Microsoft Desktop Support Engineer

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I too got and still get this message, every 45 minutes it shuts down and restarts.  It crashed and geek squad replaced the hard drive.  Now, about a month after the new hard drive it is coming back again.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. I'm using an Acer Aspire running on Windows 8. I've tried running chkdsk in command prompt but the "kernel data inpage errror" message keeps popping up and shutting down my laptop.
Can Microsoft please tell us what's going on? I've had this laptop for about 3 months & it's very inconveniencing & UPSETTING!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't start my pc, it just crashes straight away, with the same error or other ones.

If they think I'm paying for it they can go away!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

go to command prompt. type in chkdsk c: f/r

I have had this problem and this seems to have fixed the issue.  It is basically a registry error.

I went to the geek squad but they suck!  They seemed more concerned about me wanting to pay for their services to fix my computer.  This should help you, you might have to do it a couple times, I did but have not had issues more than a week so far.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Guys I've had this problem for a while and to think that I have paid for my Avast anti-virus and I had to experience this (NO NO NO). I had no idea this was caused by malware. I went to command prompt and tried fixing it from there a couple of times but nothing. For those of you experiencing this issue please follow the steps explained in the link I've pasted it below: 

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/webcake-virus-removal/ 

it's worked very well for me and I've had no issues since. After trying this out if it works for you please let others who are experiencing the same problem know.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Kevin,

I tried that, as well as optimizing W8, but no change, then I tried to re-install, again no change.

What now? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

ive had the same thing happen with my acer laptop is yours a acer aspire e1-571 as im wondering whether this is a manufacturing fault as ive had acer products in the past never been this unreliable till now

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 8, 2023 Views 35,839 Applies to: