Is it possible to download the Windows 8 ISO so I can restore my Windows 8 PC to factory settings?

The laptop I bought came with a lot of bloatware... is it possible to download the ISO so I can install a fresh copy without having to buy another license? 

Hi,

Thank you for posting query on Microsoft communities.

From your description I understand that you want to know how to create ISO image for Windows 8. Please let me know if you are not facing this issue.

I can understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will help you resolve the issue!

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

1.      Using bloatware, have you deleted the programs or apps from your Laptop?

2.      How did you install Windows 8 on your computer? Was it preinstalled or did you purchase the upgrade?

Note: If you have purchased it online then there will be a confirmation link sent to your e-mail which you used when buying the upgrade. You can use this link to re download Windows 8 or to create an ISO image for your laptop

For creating media or ISO image follow the link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media.

If Window 8 was pre installed on your computer then you have to contact computer manufacturer and check.

If the issue persists, post your reply with results and questions asked as above. We are happy to assist you further with advanced troubleshooting steps!

Hope it helps.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It does depend on the manufacturer but in general the oem license key provided with pre-installed versions of windows will not work with standalone installation DVDs. If the laptop did not come with recovery disks there is should be a disk creation utility included within windows however unfortunately they frequently restore a complete image rather than windows and the bloatware separately.

The best alternative is to carry out a recovery back to factory settings using the inbuilt facility and then before doing anything else clean out the unwanted software using the Programs and Features tool in Control Panel.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

You can't download an .ISO.

If your computer came with a pre-installed version of Windows 8 you can ask them to make a software replacement of your computer. They and they only can reinstall your system.

Also, you can go near to "Factory Settings" performing the Reset feature of Windows 8.

Please refer yourself to this article to learn more about this:

Refresh and Reset your Windows 8 PC

You won't need any DVD to do this.

Hope I've been helpful.

Regards.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

The OS was preinstalled. This is a Toshiba Satellite L850. I reset the PC via Windows 8 but the bloatware was installed once more.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

For Bloatware go to downloads.com and download a App called PC Decrapifier. Works very well. To avoid this in the future once bloatware is gone do yourself a favor and do a system Image of Win7 before upgrade to Win 8.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 28, 2020 Views 3,459 Applies to: