Internet Explorer stopped working entirely windows 8

I upgraded by DELL desktop from Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit to Windows 8 Pro.  The upgrade worked fine for several weeks. Internet Explorer worked fine both from the Start Menu tile and from the Desktop.

About a week ago, I started having problems with Windows 8. The biggest problem is that I cannot get Internet Explorer to load - not from the Start Menu tile, not from the Desktop.  It will not load at all.  Mozilla Firefox works fine.

I ran sfc /scannow as an Administrator.  The scan concluded "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

I could not try any of the other suggested solutions which all seemed to require loading Internet Explorer.

Jim
Answer
Answer
Problem solved by uninstalling all Logitech webcam and video software.  Now IE loads correctly both from the Start page and the Desktop. 

I only discovered this fix from Joel Rose's response to a YouTube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srtx_Ud0fe8),

This fix would not have occurred to me because the Logitech software had been loaded on my PC before I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro, and initially IE worked correctly.

Jim

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 125 Applies to: