- Last night my computer automatically updated, restarted, and then turned on again. After a couple of hours I decided it was time to shut it off. Today, I turn on my Samsung Series 7 Chronos and the keyboard and mouse become unresponsive on the lock screen. I'm able to use the keyboard as it starts up, because I'm able to enter Windows Boot Manager through F10. Nothing at Start Up Settings or UEFI Firmware Settings have helped. I've tried Safe Mode(same problem), Disabling Fast BIOS, Re-Enabling Fast Bios, I even plugged in an external mouse through usb. I don't know what to do. I can't re-install Windows 8 because I bought the laptop with Windows 8 pre-installed. What am I to do in the situation? I know almost EVERYONE has experienced these problems, why has this been a recurring issue for so many?
To sum things up...
- 1. Safe Mode does nothing for me, because the keyboard and mouse are still both unresponsive.
- 2. I don't have Windows 8 Pro, so whatever convenience that is for some, is not to me.
- 3. I don't have an installation disk because Windows 8 was pre-installed.
- 4. I have no back up restore points because I hardly use the computer to get some sort of virus. Nor did I expect the problem to arise from an automatic update.
- 5. Samsung Series 7 Chronos Model 6235ANHMW