I installed Win 8 from download, dual boot with Vista, worked fine, added Win Media Center, was working but when unattended stopped now will not boot

I downloaded Win 8 Pro after purchasing on line installed and dual booted with a Vista installation. I worked fine for several days. This morning I added the free Windows Media Center per instructions. System, an HP dv6 series Notebook, continued to work, installation of Media Center was successful. Closed the cover of the notebook for several hours, when returned to work on the system it was in a blank state. Repowered the system and it will not boot. Ran the HP startup test, no problems detected. What can I do to access, repair the MBR (if that is the problem). I have the HP recovery disks for the Vista system, I do not have any Win 8 installation disks, except the consumer preview disk. What steps can I take to repair the system, I cannot boot or log into it, Just a blank black screen with blinking cursor in upper left corner.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 89 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Pat

As a responsible member of the community, please mark the reply that has resolved your issue. Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.