I have Windows xp, Windows 8 and Linux Pardus 2010 installed and now want to remove the Pardus system and the boot menu that it installed in the computer.

Original Title : Please help me solve this jolt up problem that i'm stuck in. Details are below. Thank you

I have Windows xp, Windows 8 and Linux Pardus 2010. I want to remove pardus from the system since i barely use it. When pc starts, there is a pardus boot menu where i select the second option (hard to decipher the meaning) out of three options there, Then it leads me to Windows xp black boot screen where i select either windows xp or 8. I want to remove that pardus bootloader and the pardus os from my pc and to fix my windows xp bootloader or to bring up the Windows 8 bootloader which got overwritten when i installed pardus. Please help me, I don't want to lose any data from any of the partitions i have, except linux one which doesn't appear in My computers from windows 8 or xp. Please look into this matter. Thank you :)

Hi Hamza,

Method 1:

I would suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps:

a.     Boot from the Windows 8 DVD.

b.    Click on Repair your computer.

c.     Click on Troubleshoot and then select Advanced Options.

d.    Click on Command prompt and type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

Bootrec /fixmbr

Bootrec /fixboot

Bootrec /rebuildbcd

e.    Restart the computer.

f.      Check if the issue persists.

Method 2:

You may follow these steps and check if it helps:

a.     Press Windows key + R on the keyboard.

b.    Type “msconfig” without quotes and press Enter.

c.     Check if you are able to see the Pardus operating system. Select if and click on Delete.

NOTE: If the OS you want to delete from the list is the Default OS, then you will need to change the default operating system to another listed OS first.

d.    Check the Make all boot settings permanent box, and click or tap on OK.

e.    Click on Yes to confirm.

f.      Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Let us know the results.

Rohit S

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 71 Applies to: