how to fix missing or corrupt winload.exe in windows 8

hi..i am having problem in the recovery option of the windows 8.i says winload.exe is missing.
what to do ?
note:i don't have recovery cd

Hi Chandan,

I see that you have problems with recovery option in Windows 8. I will help you with this issue.

1.      What is the make and model of the computer?

2.      Which security software is installed on the computer?

3.      Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

In Windows 8 use File History :

Repair & recovery
http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows/repair-recovery-help#repair-recovery-help=windows-8

Hope it helps. For any further Windows related assistance, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What if there isn't am option to run the repair utility because you aren't able to boot the drive and the recovery disk wont allow you to run the refresh because you have to load HDD drivers (PCIE SSD) before you can do anything with the windows install disk?

Basically, the only option I have when using the install disk is to go to custom install and "Load Drivers" and then do a custom install.  My Win8 drive doesn't show up until I click load drivers.  All I want to do is use the Recover - refresh option.  

Thanks.

(From what I have gathered is this is a shortcoming in the windows 8 repair tool, it looks like someone forgot to add the ability to load HDD drivers prior to running the recovery tools, this is a very poor oversight)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 13, 2018 Views 4,457 Applies to: