How do I turn off (messages about) Windows 7 File Recovery in Windows 8?

I'm using the Windows 8 File History feature, which I think is great and one of the few reasons that make me stick to Windows 8. I had to recover some files from a backup I made when I still used Windows 7, so I used the File Recovery feature. I accidentally initiated a backup, a Windows 7 backup that is, to be made, which I canceled, as it would take a long time, and I'm using File History anyways.

Now, Action Center keeps telling me to backup my files, which is very annoying. In Windows 7, I could "Turn off messages about Windows Backup", but I can't seem to find that in Windows 8...

Any help would be appreciated.

(Also, could you make an update to get the option make Windows 8 look like 7: Aero back, rounded corners, Start button? I'm sure many other customers would appreciate it too.)

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 273 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

You need to customize the Action Center alerts. Action Center is a Control Panel applet. Unfortunately, on a non-domain member machine I've found that the customization needs to be done on a per-user basis. There is probably a global way to do this, either on the local workstations with a default profile or from the domain but I don't know how. Check in Group Policy to see if there are any options for Action Center. If you don't get an answer here, you might want to check on the TechNet forums.

TechNet forums -http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/categories/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.