hai friends, i use an windows8 whenever i open my change pc settings,msconfig, the windows open and immediately closed,what is the problem and pls tell the solution?

hai friends, i use an windows8 whenever i open my change pc settings,msconfig, the windows open and immediately closed,what is the problem and pls tell the solution?
Recorded Steps

This file contains all the steps and information that was recorded to help you describe the recorded steps to others.

Before sharing this file, you should verify the following:

• The steps below accurately describe the recording.
  • There is no information below or on any screenshots that you do not want others to see.

Passwords or any other text you typed were not recorded, except for function and shortcut keys that you used.

You can do the following:

• Review the recorded steps
  • Review the recorded steps as a slide show
  • Review the additional details

Steps

Previous Next

Step 1: (‎08-‎02-‎2013 23:26:03) User keyboard input on "Desktop (pane)" [... Win-C]

Previous Next

Step 2: (‎08-‎02-‎2013 23:26:05) User left click on "Settings (button)" in "Charm Bar"

Previous Next

Step 3: (‎08-‎02-‎2013 23:26:07) User left click on "Change PC settings (button)" in "Settings"

Previous Next

Step 4: (‎08-‎02-‎2013 23:26:09) User left click on "4 (button)" in "PC settings"

Previous Next

Step 5: (‎08-‎02-‎2013 23:26:11) User left click on "PC settings (window)" in "PC settings"

Previous Next

Step 6: (‎08-‎02-‎2013 23:26:12) User keyboard input on "Start menu (pane)" in "Start menu" [... Win-C]

Previous Next

Step 7: (‎08-‎02-‎2013 23:26:13) User left click on "Close (button)"

Previous Next

Step 8: (‎08-‎02-‎2013 23:26:14) User keyboard input on "Start menu (pane)" in "Start menu" [... Win-C]

Previous Next

Step 9: (‎08-‎02-‎2013 23:26:15) User left click on "Close (button)"

Previous Next

Step 10: (‎08-‎02-‎2013 23:26:17) User left click on "Desktop (list item)" in "Start menu"

Return to top of page...

Additional Details

The following section contains the additional details that were recorded.

These details help accurately identify the programs and UI you used in this recording.

This section may contain text that is internal to programs that only very advanced users or programmers may understand.

Please review these details to ensure that they do not contain any information that you would not like others to see.

Return to top of page...

Hi THAMILSELVAML,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

From your issue description, I understand that whenever you try to open change”pc settings or msconfig” the window immediately closes.

Let’s start with some questions.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
2. What is the security software installed on the computer?
3. How many user accounts are you using?
4. Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to check the issue in safe mode.

Follow the link to which will show you how to start the computer in safe mode.
Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode).
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

I want you to try the following methods to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Run System File Checker Scan to fix the issue with missing or corrupted files.
a. Press Windows key + X and click Command Prompt.
b. Type the command:sfc /scannow and press Enter.
c. Restart the computer and check.
Note:The System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) scans for missing or corrupted system files and repairs them.

Method 2: I suggest you temporarily disable antivirus installed on your computer.

When you disable Antivirus:
Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope the above information helps.

Do get back to us and let me know the status of the issue or if you need further information regarding Windows.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 68 Applies to: