Can I undo a refresh on windows 8, I have no restore points but would like to go back 24hours?

I've recently got a new computer with Windows 8, I was having trouble with it and decided to refresh to clean up all the bits and pieces I'd added to start again.  The windows office package  was installed recently by partner before he went away as he bought two licences and it has now gone.

Can I undo the refresh in any way?  I have tried and tried but it seems there were no restore points.  Very grateful for any advice as have just managed to get some work for first time this year and need word, excel etc. 

Question Info

Last updated February 25, 2020 Views 42,409 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

@Shawn yes make the users wrong for not understanding Windows 8's arcane messages.  Microsoft can do no wrong (sarcasm.)

Raul Freitas

tech wizard 

(not a Microsoft apologist)

For the record Windows 8 is worse than both Vista and ME.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

No restore points = no going back. I don't think that you can go back anyway, certainly there is no easy way.

Your other stuff will have to be re-installed..

If you are going to need Refresh in the future, make a CUSTOM Refresh image that better reflects what is installed and running. The new image is not perfect but better than the default Refresh..

http://www.howtogeek.com/108944/how-to-create-a-custom-refresh-image-in-windows-8/ 

Windows 10 Pro - Start10 - part of a local network which is a '3rd party optimizer-free' zone..

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.