Question

Bad_Pool_Caller Windows 8 HELP PLEASE?

Tweetro asked on
I recently built my new gaming computer and have been loving it. However, every once in a while when loading a battlefield 3 map it will restart giving me the error bad_pool_caller. Could someone please look at my minidump files to help me? You can find them here:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=4C4EBA3F9CD24F43!374&authkey=!APL1o__m37bHvkU

Thank you for your time!
2 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Patrick Barker replied on

Hi,

Wonderful, if you feel it is solved, I'd recommend marking the post of mine that assisted you as an answer so this thread no longer shows up as requiring an answer.

Regards,

Patrick
Debugger/Reverse Engineer.
1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Patrick Barker replied on
Hi,

The attached DMP file is of the BAD_POOL_CALLER (c2) bugcheck and is faulting atikmdag.sys
which is the AMD video driver.

If we run a !poolval on the address of the block of pool being deallocated (4th parameter of the bugcheck) we get:

3: kd> !poolval fffff8a008015a70
Pool page fffff8a008015a70 region is Unknown

Validating Pool headers for pool page: fffff8a008015a70

Pool page [ fffff8a008015000 ] is VALID.

There doesn't seem to be any corruption within the page of non-paged pool, this implies we are likely NOT dealing with a memory issue.

Ensure you have the latest video card drivers. If you are already on the latest video card drivers, uninstall and install a version or a few versions behind the latest to ensure it's not a latest driver only issue. If you have already experimented with the latest video card driver and many previous versions, please give the beta driver for your card a try.

Regards,

Patrick
Debugger/Reverse Engineer.
Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

progress