0xc000021 error after windows 8 update

I have a Lenonvo G570 I was running windows 7 (per-loaded when I purchased the laptop). I recently purchased the Windows 8 Pro and downloaded it from Microsoft. I installed by way of a clean install - so I did not keep anything from the Windows 7 version. I was happy, great features, fantastic interface... I was ready to give praise to Microsoft.  Things ran fine for about three days. Then after some Microsoft updates I had to reboot to complete the ms update process. When I rebooted I received the 0xc000021a error, and could not get back into my machine. I checked numerous forums and no real solution was to be found. So I chose the reset option keeping all of my personal data files, all ms installers win 8 apps but losing ALL apps that I loaded from the Internet or from CDs . I was somewhat happy... I did not feel Microsoft deserved any praise, and stockings filled with coal came to mind. I bit the bullet and reinstalled. Being careful to monitor any future installs.... Now another three days have gone by... I was back up and spent the majority of the day catching up on lost productivity since the BSOD cost me 12 hours of fruitless troubleshooting. So this evening it happened again... And right after some MICROSFT SUPPORTED UPDATE (YES, I AM YELLING). AND AGAIN, I AM LEFT SITTING HERE WITH NO REAL SOLUTION FOR YOUR SORRY EXCUSE FOR A SOLID OS.  OK enough ranting...

Is there a fix, solution, or work around for this problem... And yes, this is far beyond the incident stage as it is known in the world of ITSM. AS I HAVE EXPERIENCED the same thing twice and both times after ms updates... I see this as a clear ms issue. 

Please provide a solution. 
|

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As I understand you are facing the issue 0xc000021 error after windows 8 update.

Method 1:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to check in safe mode.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

Step 2:

If the issue doesn’t persist in safe mode, I would suggest you to perform clean boot and check.

Place the computer in a clean boot state and then check if it helps. You can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

To set the computer in clean boot, follow the steps from the link: How to perform a clean boot

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

NOTE: make sure you perform “Step 3” to reset the computer to start as usual.

I would suggest you to check which updates are causing this issue.

How will I know what updates have been installed?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/windows-update-faq

Please perform these recommended steps, review the additional information provided and post back if you are still experience the issue. I will be glad to provide you with additional options available that you can utilize to get this resolved.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

same problem, only problem is that it attempts repairing  and stay there after the error screen. so i have no chance seeing the power button on screen. Im getting really annoyed since it is my brotgers cp and i was the last one using it when it suddenly froze up forcing me to shut it down, if i degrade it to windows 7 will it work?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The problem was finally resolved by not installing all of the windows updates until Microsoft corrected the one update that caused the issue.
Kindest Regards,
Dan J Quinones

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Both not work! My laptop keep restart automatically when I log in. I can't do do anything even cant go into Safe Mode. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 1, 2020 Views 9,024 Applies to: