windows 8 user ID exist but in logon screen it is missing.

I upgraded my windows 7 to windows 8 pro 4 months back. That time it created windows 8 local account. Then I created one Microsoft account. So I am having two accounts. But now I am not able to access my other user accounts except the Microsoft account. Even though other local accounts are there  and previously it was working fine. Now as I am clicking on back button on the login screen, it turns black for some time and again the same login screen comes which has only one login account and that too only my Microsoft account. Also when I am logged in through the Microsoft account there also on start screen it is  not showing switch option  and neither showing other accounts. Please let me know what's wrong with this.

Question Info

Last updated May 21, 2018 Views 2,538 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Thanks for quick response.

Well as suggested by you I tried opening my accounts in safe mode. But still the same problem persisted. There also it was showing only one account. I even tried creating new user accounts but the results were still negative and it was still showing only one account on the logon screen although the accounts were successfully created.

Then I tried advanced start-up option. There in troubleshoot, I tried to repair it but again the same disappointment.

At last I refreshed my PC, even though it removed other apps except the windows store apps, It definitely worked for me. Now  all user accounts (LOCAL + Microsoft) are visible on logon screen.

Once again thanks for your support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.