Windows 8 People app and Calendar app can't add Google Account: "Unable to connect. Ensure that the information you've entered is correct."

I cannot add my google account to the Calendar or People apps, getting the famous "Unable to connect. Ensure that the information you've entered is correct."  I was able to add my gmail to the Mail app, so google is able to link up (and obviously the information is correct, then).  I originally didn't use the Google 2-step authentication, but when I still couldn't add the account to either app, I did create specific passwords for both apps, but still to no avail. What else can I do?
Answer
Answer

May we know the exact error message that you received? The troubleshooter is designed for Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.

We also suggest that you may try these methods below:

Method 1: Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

If a Windows image becomes unserviceable, you can use the Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management tool to update the files and correct the problem.

To repair an image, please follow the steps below:

1. Type cmd in search charm.
  2. Right-click on Command Prompt, then click Run as administrator.
  3. Copy and paste the following command into your Command Prompt: DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
  4. Hit Enter to execute the command. It may take a few minutes to finish. If you find the operating completed successfully, click X to close the Command Prompt.

Method 2: Run System file Checker

Ensure the backup of your all personal files exists before executing System File Checker in case of HDD failure.

1. Type cmd in search charm.
  2. Right-click on Command prompt, then click Run as administrator.
  3. Copy and paste the following command into your Command Prompt: sfc /scannow
  4. Hit Enter to execute the command. It may take a few minutes to finish. If you find Verification 100% complete, click X to close the Command Prompt.

Let us know the result.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 5,773 Applies to: