What's the fix for "your pc is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this P C."? at start up on windows 8

What's the fix for "your pc is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this P C."? at start up on windows
|
Answer
Answer
 Hi,

Thanks for choosing Windows 8 and for providing us an opportunity to assist you.

You have mentioned that you are receiving the error message “Your PC is Offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this PC”. Don’t worry; we’ll help you with this. Just a few questions first, to get a clear picture of the issue;

1) Are you trying to log into a Microsoft account or a Local account? Is it an Administrator account?
2) Have you reset the password for your Microsoft account recently?
3) Have you installed Webroot Antivirus?

We usually receive this error message if we have typed the password incorrectly. We can also get this error message if you login to the computer for the first time after resetting your password online.

I would suggest you to first check if the CAPs lock is on and try the correct password once again. If you have recently reset the password online, I would suggest you to login with the old password and check.

If you haven’t reset the password and if you are unable to login with the correct password, then I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned by Cliff_N on december 7th here:

You can also refer these links for more information:

Hope this helps. Please get back to us with the status of the issue so that we can help you accordingly.

22 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2021 Views 83,700 Applies to: