User and Windows Update section missing from PC Setting in Windows 8, along with other errors.

User section and Windows Update section of PC Setting in Windows 8 is missing.

When opened from Control Panel > User Accounts > Make changes to my account in PC setting, 

"Page not found. Sorry, the page you requested isn't available, or you've have found an outdated link." is displayed.

I have already tried Microsoft safety scanner, sfc /scannow, automatic repair and logging using hidden Administrator account.

My power plan option page is also missing and when tried to open setting, "cannot open access control editor. the activation requires the display name to be present under CLSID key. Also while trying to open network connection properties, "An unexpected error occurred" is displayed. I don't know if these problems are related.

Answer
Answer
I agee with dietydiablo, it was not nice having to do a refresh and reload everything.
Also using same Win 8 Pro with WMC.
I couldn't afford to wait and troubleshoot and the refresh was a quicker option. But I'm keeping a close eye on it now so that if it re-occurs I know when it happened.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2020 Views 5,881 Applies to: