Please Allow Disabling of Microsoft Account Auto-Login for Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8

I am reposting this from the Windows 8 Pre-Release section because it still applies for the released version of Windows 8 and my issue has not been resolved.

I upgraded to Windows 8 Pro last Saturday and ran into the same Microsoft Account auto-login issue that I had during the Windows 8 Release Preview.  Since my Windows 8 user account is tied to my Microsoft Account, whenever I try to sign in with a different Microsoft Account in Internet Explorer 10, I need to first click login, click log out with the Windows 8 Microsoft account and then click login again with a different Microsoft account in order to successfully login with the desired account.

It would be a very welcome feature if there was a landing screen after clicking login the first time, where one could choose which Microsoft Account the user would like to login with on their computer.  Even with Windows Live Hotmail there was a link to choose a different Live ID on the sign in screen, so I find it strange that this option has been removed. 

Surely Microsoft is aware that users have multiple Microsoft Accounts (previously called Live IDs) for the workplace, school and personal use, so why didn't the company develop Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8 with this in mind?

Any help or acknowledgement on the part of Microsoft to address this concern as soon as possible would be appreciated.  It's easy for me to use another internet browser in the meantime, however I thought that this was important to communicate to the support team so that the issue can be resolved.

For the meantime, I have switched over to Chrome for Windows 8 without an issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hmm, I wonder why so many people have switched to another internet browser and largely ignored all the advertising Microsoft launched.  It might have something to do with a browser that is behind the times and when issues arise, no acknowledgement of feedback or offer of support.

Sorry this didn't help.

I completely agree.  I'm using another browser for the same reason.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2018 Views 824 Applies to:

Related Forums