My wife and I use one email address, but want separate accounts with separate wallpaper and settings. How do I do this in W8?

I just purchased two new Dell computers, which are set up side by side on one LAN, one for me and one for my wife.  When setting up my wife's computer, it could not create a new user account because mine already used the same email. To my alarm, the wallpaper and start menu tiles from my computer appeared on my wife's before I began to set it up, and changes made on her computer appeared on mine.

I want to be able to create two separate accounts, each able to read the family email, but with different wallpaper and screen settings, different start menu arrangements, and different account names, pictures, and independent passwords.  In fact, I want multiple user accounts on each computer with privacy for files between users.  I had all this on XP.  How do I get it on W8?

Thanks for your attention.

Answer
Answer

if you want to change your current account to local then put your mouse in the upper right hand Conner and the go to settings and click on it  then  got to change pc settings "found right at the bottom" click on this  then go to users in the left hand menu and click on that then press on switch to a local account , this can be found  just under the user name  

Sean

hope this helps please reply if you need more help then please respond if this has worked for you please respond

Thanks

Sean M
UK

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 6, 2021 Views 5,249 Applies to: