how to install face recognition software on windows 8

I downloaded Face Recognition for HP Protect Tools from the hp website but while installing it showed a prompt that it needs the HP Protect Tools Security Manager, so i downloaded it as well( HP Protect Tools Security Manager v.8.0.1.1328) but while installing it showed an error that "this software is not supported on your system" whereas on the website it said that it supports both versions(32-bit and 64 -bit) of windows 8.
How do i install face recognition software on my HP pavilion G6 Laptop. 
Answer
Answer

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you so much for getting back to us with the updates.

1)       Did you try installing the HP ProtectTools Security Manager Software in all the compatibility modes listed out there?

2)       Are you getting the same error message when trying to install it in its compatibility mode?

If the Windows 7 compatibility mode is not working, then you may also try using Windows Vista/XP modes and check if that helps.

If that doesn't help, then the issue could be due to the hardware incompatibility. In that case, it would be better to get in touch with the HP Support to check if there are any other similar software compatible with your hardware and Windows 8. You may get in touch with them from this link:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/contact.html

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Rajesh Govind - Microsoft Support Engineer

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 5, 2020 Views 8,761 Applies to: