I want to creat a limited account on my own laptop, for my buddies (guest account). I want to make sure, that they don't install programs on my computer, and that they do not have access for things they should not have to. Where can I set that?
Furthermore, can I disable for the guest account some stuff like opening the regedit or some certain folder?
I use win 8, and microsoft account.
This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.
Thanks for you post in Microsoft community
if you are the administrator account you can disble or manager other account by making it limited
1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click on the User Accounts icon.
2. Click on the Manage another account link
3. If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.
4. Click on the user account that you would like to change
5. Click on the Change the account type link
6. Select (dot) either Standard or Administrator as the new account type for the selected user account (step 4), and click on the Change Account Type button. If the user account is originally an administrator account, then Windows 8 will not let you change it to be a standard account unless there is another administrator account already created other than this one.
7. When finished, you can close User Accounts if you like
To Change Account Type in "Advanced User Accounts" (netplwiz)
1. Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type netplwiz, and click on OK.
2. If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.
3. Check the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box, select (highlight) the user name that you want to change the account type of, and click on the Properties button.
4. Click on the Group Membership tab, select (dot) what type (standard, administrator, or other) that you want to change the selected account (step 3) type to, and click on OK.
note:: If you are unable to select a group in the Other drop down menu, then select standard or administrator, and select Other again to be able to.
5. If you had an user account set to be logged on to at startup automatically, then you will need to set this back again for the user account.
6. When finished, you can close the advanced User Accounts (netplwiz) window.
MicrosoftMVP.Support Engineer@IBM-Directory Service & Exchange(,MCSE. MCP .MCSA, CCNA ,RHCE)
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.