How do you make your administrstor account over with window 8?

I'm the administrator on my computer but i cant download any apps or go into messages.Every time i try i get we need to verify your account and i push send and i never get a email to verify it. So i've been tryna to change the email thats up under my name from gmail to outlook. I added another user and put @outlook.com and i can download apps plz help me!
Answer
Answer

Hi,

You’ll first need to open an elevated command prompt in Windows 8. This will allow you to open up a command prompt as an administrator, even if you’re not logged in as one. Let’s walk through the process step-by-step.

1. While logged in to either the Windows 8 Start Screen or the traditional desktop, use the Windows Key + X keyboard shortcut to open up the Windows 8 Quick Access Menu.

2. Select Command Prompt (Admin).

3. Depending on your UAC settings for Windows 8, you may get a user access control dialog box like the one shown below in Figure 2. Click Yes if the prompt appears.

Type lusrmgr.msc in the newly-opened command prompt window and press Enter.

5. A window entitled lusrmgr – [Local Users and Groups (Local)] opens. Open the Users folder, and you’ll see a list of all the local users on the current PC. Right-click on the Administrator account and choose Set Password.

6. In the "Set Password for Administrator" Window click Proceed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 26 Applies to: