How can I avoid signing in each time I use the computer

Our laptop has 2 users. I am the administrator. I am not worried about the other user being able to view my account. How can I change my settings to avoid signing in each time I turn the computer on or after switching users? In other words, I just want to quit signing in.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Press the windows key if you've got one and R together. Type in netplwiz. Untick users must enter a username and password then apply,  type it in. Next time you boot into Win8, It should load, without asking for a password

25 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Press the windows key if you've got one and R together. Type in netplwiz. Untick users must enter a username and password then apply,  type it in. Next time you boot into Win8, It should load, without asking for a password

I had already tried this, based on info found in this forum. It didn't  work. I just tried it again. After going to netplwiz, the box was still unticked from before, but it still makes me type a password. Also, you can go to PC Settings, users, and you get the opportunity to change to no password required for any user. That is not working either.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What version of Windows 8--win 8 (this is more limited than pro)or win 8 Pro? Instead of netplwiz, search for Run box and type control userpasswords2 
Uncheck Users must enter a password...and enter your password. Then go to Users in PC Settings and change Users must enter a password when resuming....

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What version of Windows 8--win 8 (this is more limited than pro)or win 8 Pro? Instead of netplwiz, search for Run box and type control userpasswords2 
Uncheck Users must enter a password...and enter your password. Then go to Users in PC Settings and change Users must enter a password when resuming....

My version is Windows 8 Pro. Neither one worked again.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

For those who have this issue, I recently looked into this using Windwos 8.1. I'm no computer tech, far from it but I found out what I was doing wrong in following instructions given by others on this. I was entering a p.w. after disconnecting my account which had me having to still sign-in to access my PC.
I went to "Settings" By scrolling  the cursor to the upper edge of the window to open quick access, the "Search, Share, Start, Devices, Settings" icons. I clicked on "Settings" gear icon,. At the bottom of the settings window is, "Change PC Settings", click on that. In that new window you'll find "Accounts", click on it. At the top of the page you'll see your Admin account, the account connected to Windows and an option to "Disconnect your Microsoft account", click on that, you'll be asked to sign-in, do so, and afterwards ignore putting passwords in the next window showing your "Admin" account. You won't need to sign in to access your pc from now on, just click on the "ADMIN" account shown and Windows opens. No P.W. needed and your still in control and have access of your files. Again, after disconnecting, do not enter passwords, new or old, in the blanks shown and you'll have access to your PC without needing to sign-in to access your PC.
Thank you for your time and help. It is deeply appreciated, Jim

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I DONT UNDERSTAND UR RESPONSE PLEASE EXPLAIN IN LAYMAN TERMS I DONT WANNA KEEP SIGNING IN TIRED OF IT

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, so there's 4 steps to get to where you need to get to "Disconnect" your account.

Step 1, move your cursor, arrowhead, pointer, whatever you call it, I call it a cursor, to the far right upper corner, where it says "Close" in the screenshot below, without closing this window. When the "Search", "Share", "Start", "Devices", and "Settings" icons appear, move your cursor down the right side of the screen, down to the "Gear icon / Settings", click on that gear. I highlighted every step you need to left click on in the screenshots that I am supplying.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Step 2, after you clicked on the "Settings" icon, the gear, another page pops up on the right side of your screen. Scroll down to the highlighted "Change PC Settings" on the bottom of that page and click on that. See screenshot supplied below.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Step 3, after clicking on the "Change PC Settings" the "PC Settings" page pops up. That page will fill your screen. Scroll to the left of you screen and click on "Accounts" as I highlighted in the screenshot supplied below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Step 4, after clicking on "Accounts", your account, the "Admin's" account, will be displayed. I highlighted the next step in the screenshot supplied in this reply below. Click on "Disconnect".

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2024 Views 10,310 Applies to: