Error: "Your pc is offline, please enter the last password you used on this computer" while trying to login to Win8 PC using MS Account.

Original Title: URGENT help needed, cannot log on to pc, password not recognised

Last week I bought a brand new Asus laptop model K55A.  All had been running smoothly with no problems, however when I tried to sign in today (after previously working fine earlier today, then a shutdown, and restart a few hours later) I could not sign in.  The message I am getting either says 'your pc is offline, please enter the last password you used on this computer' OR 'That password is incorrect.  Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account' and then gives the address to visit to reset the password as an option. 

I am now on a different pc and have succeeded (after literally hours of trial and error messages on the Microsoft live site!!!!) in resetting my password - obviously successful because I have used it to login to this form.  However, when I restart and try to sign in to my own laptop, I just get the same thing.  It is not recognising the new password!!  As I am the ONLY user on my laptop there is no way for me to get into it at all!  Please help.  Without it recognising the new password, my brand new laptop is totally useless!!

NB:  I am not overly computer savvy so there are a limited number of technical questions I can answer, however the above should give you the gist of the matter, hopefully.  Windows 8 is the operating system in question, btw.

Answer
Answer
PROBLEM SOLVED-"Your PC is Offline" Message in Windows 8"
Below is how I fixed my Asus laptop, but works the same on all others, I'm sure. Easy instructions are here:
www.nextofwindows.com/how-to-deal-with-your-pc-is-offline-message-in-windows-8/

I went to the business center at the apt community I live at, pulled the network plug out of one of their boxes and plugged it in my laptop, effectively connecting me to their internet. I didn't shut down their machine, I just pulled it out and put it into my laptop. I then logged into my laptop with my hotmail account. That was all it wanted. I was back in!
I logged out and shut down my laptop. And plugged their network cable back into their pc. 
I fired up my laptop to make sure it was fixed, and it is. Awsome. It took plugging into a network, with a network cable, to take care of it.
You have no idea how long it has taken me to find this simple answer. Their are posts are all over the place and people are being told to wipe their drives or buy some $30 peice of software.

60 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 16, 2021 Views 24,415 Applies to: