Can't login to windows 8 with Microsoft account:

I can log into windows live on other computer but not my asus windows 8 laptop. I've reset the password 2 times but no luck. Please help!!!!! This is not making me a fan of windows 8. It tells me password is incorrect.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 226 Applies to:

Hi,

I would have you refer to Cliff_N post on the following link:

Why can’t I sign into Windows 8 with my Microsoft Account?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-security/why-cant-i-sign-into-windows-8-with-my-microsoft/7662ea57-c321-4bfe-84e9-fc9ebb87a44b

Note: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Note: The Refresh will uninstall and reinstall all the apps downloaded from the Windows Store. But any app downloaded from external sources will be removed.

Note: Disclaimer: Performing a System Restore might change your settings and delete your unsaved data. Perform it at your own discretion.

Please post back if you are still experiencing the issue. I will be glad to provide you with the additional options available that you can utilize to get the issue resolved.

Abdul Raqeeb Kola
Former Microsoft Senior Support Engineer/ Sr. Blogger

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.