Question

Q: Can't login to Windows 8 with account live password!

Hi guys,

I just bought Lenovo Yoga 13 today from Best Buy and was so disappointed with Windows 8 login problem... Ok, I was using my new laptop fine until i rebooted the laptop. After reboot, i entered my microsoft account live id but wouldn't let me log in. The error message says "That password is incorrect. make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can reset it at account.live.com/password/reset". I've changed my password successfully and tried it but no luck. Tried it several times... I've read up on some threads on this forum and found that lot of people are having this problem from few months ago till now but there is no solution... called best buy but they told me they don't have solution to this known issue yet... reading from other posts, there are no solution from Microsoft either...

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? My login screen ONLY shows my name on top, email underneath and a box for password, so don't tell me to go to setting or login to guest or try less than 16 character password (i tried all 10-16 also different combination with 1 char off and 2 char off and so on)... The only option i can click is power option to sleep, restart and shut down.

I have basic computer knowledge so please explain as if talking to a baby. ;) If i can't fix this issue then i'm going to return this laptop....

EDIT: All of the sudden my power option had changed to "Update and Shut off". There were 21 updates but after it downloaded, it started to configure it. Up to 15% and it said Failed to configure, trying again and again, then it said reverting back... now i'm back to square one... Also, there was a message on the bottom right when it was downloading updates, it said "Windows will restart in 2 days to finish update" what does that mean? is that related to the failed configuration? hmm..

EDIT: BTW I found a way to get into BIOS setup boot menu and system recovery. Does anyone know if these can help fix the login issue?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have had my Samsung laptop with Windows 8 for a few weeks and have had this same problem twice. There are also lot's of posts online about this issue and Microsoft is unwilling to help. All was fine until Windows 8 installed an automatic update. After the reboot following the update it says my password is incorrect. The only fix I have found is to restore the pc back to factory software (in my case by pressing F4 at POST to bring up the Samsung Restore app). This is not a permanent fix because it went to get an update 3 days after restoring and now I am locked out again. I spoke with Samsung and they say it is a known Microsoft update problem. Called Microsoft and they told me that they may be able to help me but that it would cost $99 for their support. I told them that was a new product and that this is BS. I asked for a supervisor and was told they they are not available and can have one call me back, but don't know how long that will take. I'm about through with Microsoft and think Apple products may be worth that extra cost. Taking the laptop back to Best Buy tomorrow and going to try and find one with Windows 7 before my 30 day return policy is up. Windows 8 is ****!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Me too..

Sorry this didn't help.

I have also had this problem. This is the second time in a week I have had it. This is the last Microsoft product I will ever buy. Spending a little more for a Mac will be worth it. Currently restoring my PC as well. Bad idea to upgrade from Windows 7. I would never tell anyone to get Windows 8 and I hope Microsoft makes some changes or they will go out of business. I almost hope they do. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Win 8 sucks.

Sorry this didn't help.

i have that same problem changed my password more than six times and nothing configured the pc but still nothing..and to think about it i just started using my pc yesterday..this is a disappointment, lets open a lawsuit against microsoft..

Sorry this didn't help.

3 people were helped by this reply

Hi guys, sorry fir late response, this site didnt let me update before. How I fixed the problem: went to the bios setting and did system restore. Changed the login to local instead of microsoft live
 id. It works perfectly fine now. I know thats not a real solution but thought I share this with tye community.

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

thanks for the response but i jus wanted to know how you get to the bios setting and do system restore thanks..

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person was helped by this reply

I dont know qhat computer u have but On lenovo yoga there is a novo button (button next to start button) pressing and holding that button when machine is off will boot u to bios. From bios, there was option for me to do initial restore. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you know how to restore the system dor asus laptop by any chance?

Sorry this didn't help.

No idea, im a newbie when it comes to computing too. Look up on google, thats what I did for yogs

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 61,983 Last updated: June 2, 2018 Applies to: