Windows Media Player showing wrong album art even my music have a correct information and album arts!!

Recently i edit my music information one by one and all of it have a correct information but when i'm playing it in windows media player showing me wrong album art!! wmp create AlbumArtSmall.jpg and folder.jpg and it's start to showing only this song's album art for all songs that i play it.

I tried to clean the wmp cache in %localappdata%\microsoft\media Player and removing AlbumArtSmall.jpg and folder.jpg but still the same!!

My wmp settings is correct i don't wan't update my song via internet cause i did it myself and it's my wmp settings screenshots 

Hope your guys understand what i mean. Really it's annoying me i spend a lot of time to edit my music information and album arts! In the end wmp showing me wrong info!! 

Hi Lando,

I see that this is your first post in this forum; welcome to the Microsoft Community forum.

This issue could be caused due to some incorrect settings in Windows Media player or due to some corrupt system files. I have checked the screenshots and you seem to have the correct settings. In this case, I would suggest you to try these steps and check:

Method 1: Windows Media player settings troubleshooter

This built-in troubleshooter can detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause such issues. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

a)      Press Windows key +F to bring up the search Charms bar.

b)      Type Troubleshooter and press enter; click on the Settings tab below the search box.

c)       Click on the Find and Fix problems tile and then click on the view all button the left pane.

d)      Click on the Windows Media player settings troubleshooter and run it.

Method 2:

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to delete the whole Windows Media player folder instead of deleting just the .JPG files and check. Windows Media player will automatically recreate the database when you run it again.

Method 3:

If the issue still persists, you can reinstall the Windows Media player and check. Refer to these steps:

a)      Press Windows key + X, select programs and features.

b)      In the left pane, click on “Turn Windows features ON or OFF”.

c)       Uncheck the box against Windows Media player to uninstall.

d)      Reboot if prompted.

e)      Follow the same steps and check the box against Windows Media player to reinstall.

Try these steps and let us know the results. We’d be happy to help if you need any further assistance.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 31, 2024 Views 4,960 Applies to: