Windows 8 & XBox Integration

Ok, so I have had an Xbox for a while and I have a (Zune) Xbox Music Pass. I upgraded my PC to Windows 8 Pro with Media Center. Perhaps my expectation of this whole Windows 8 integration is wrong but someone please set the record straight.

I PURCHASED a movie on my XBOX. I see the movie I purchased on my XBOX. So when I log in to XBOX VIDEO on my PC and see all the movies available, why is my Windows 8 PC telling me I have to PURCHASE the movie I already purchased on my Xbox device? WHY IS THIS NOT INTEGRATED or INCLUDED between PC and XBOX device?

To add to that? Games. If I purchased Doodle Jump, Angry Birds, Plants and Zombies on my WINDOWS PHONE that are XBOX games, why cant I PLAY THESE GAMES ON WINDOWS 8? Windows 8 has XBOX through all through it for games, video and music yet it doesn't seem to see all my stuff.

I use my windows Live ID... excuse me... MICROSOFT account across all platforms. So this should know all my purchases and devices.

My Android google account knows, and so does my iTunes account. I purchase an app on an iPhone and its available on the iPhone and iPad.

My expectation with all this new streamlined Windows 8, Xbox, Windows Phone 8 is this same. Is this wrong of me to ASSume this?

I figured that through Beta that these weren't working because, well, it was Beta. But now that its launched and things are online I am not liking what I am seeing thus far.

All thoughts and concerns welcome.

Thanks,

Jeff

Really? A week later an no responses?

Disappointed.

- JS

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well I'll give you a reply, though it may not be an official Microsoft answer.

But my understanding is that the integration is supposed to be there.  Don't know why it's not, and right now I don't have a great way to test it since I don't have an Xbox.

I do have a friend who has a Windows Phone and just upgraded her laptop to Windows 8 Pro, and she said that though it took a couple of days, she was able finally to see integration of game apps from her Windows phone to her Win8 laptop, so presumably it's working... apparently it's working for some and not others, but there may be some glitch in your MS account (formerly LiveID) that isn't allowing your Win8 PC or your WinPhone to see the same data across all devices.

Me personally I'm waiting for Android integration -- they already started with the Hotmail app, and the OneNote app... now they need to launch the Xbox Music app and others for better cross-platform cooperation (well, all except Apple, of course!)

- BereanPK

Super Microsoft fan for over 30 years... so where's my free Surface tablet for being so loyal? :-)

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for some feedback.

I hope this gets ironed out. It would really suck if they force us to purchase the app across each device.  I have a google account and purchased some apps on my EVO. I got a XOOM tablet and entered my google account and BEHOLD. All my purchases auto downloaded. I was kinda hoping to see the same thing in Windows now.

Although, I am concerned because Angry Birds Space is in the Windows (8) Store @ 4.99 and Windows Phone Store for .99. This doesn't look like cross-device.

Perhaps I misunderstood some of the buzz I read about Windows 8 and being able to have "your stuff" across all the devices you use.

- JS

Sorry this didn't help.

We're having the same issue, but with movies only. Bought TV shows on the Xbox and they have shown up on our Surfaces, but the movies haven't. Now movies bought on the Surface show up in both places. Pain in the butt.

Now with the games, it seems they're two different things. I have Wordament on my phone and on Windows 8, and I'm getting Xbox achievements for both.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am concerned about this as well. I expected the whole multiple devices one experience to work a lot better.

Videos sync on surface and PC's but not Windows phone, apps and games were talked about like they would be purchased once and run on all devices. And then the whole Zune/Xbox music debacle is horrible. MS, it feels like you're punishing early adopters. The fact that if I want to continue using my Zune HD, I have to keep Zune software on my desktop and manage separate libraries and playlists. That sucks balls. Xbox music should just support syncing to a Zune.

I know I've rambled a bit, but for all the greatness of what MS is doing, these little problems just blow. There needs to be better communication between divisions and much better continuing support for us early adopters.

I currently have Windows Phone 8 (HTC 8x), Surface RT, Xbox, Windows Home Server, Zune HD and I use Media Center. Half of these are discontinued and have been left to flounder. Very disappointing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 1,227 Applies to: