Windows 8 Media Streaming of video to DLNA TV poor quality

I streamed video to my TV with Windows 7 Media Player in HD quality. Using the exact same equipment in Windows 8 I get very poor quality. I get low resolution and the picture is pixelated. I have removed the Media feature from Windows 8 and reinstalled it to no avail. My TV is a Toshiba 40SL500U 40" HDTV LCD with software version 9.2.4810 Jan 11, 2011 FW: 35. Your website at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/win8/CompatCenter/Home says it is Windows 8 compatible. The TV manual says "•This TV is a DLNA CERTIFIED™ Player and Renderer. This TV can play digital content stored on a DLNA CERTIFIED™ product with server function." I have used wired and wireless connections. Same poor results. However, photos display in high quality. I have Win7 and Win8 on the same PC in a dual boot setup so the equipment is identical. The video media streaming works great when I boot into Win7 but is **** when I boot into Win8. It doesn't matter whether I record the video with Win7 or Win8 Windows Media Center. The filetype from WMC is .wtv. I tried converting a .wtv to .wmv with Windows Live Movie Maker but it displayed the same as the .wtv. WMP in Win7 is 12.0.1601.17154 WMP in Win8 is 12.0.9200.16420 I did a clean install of Windows 8,
Answer
Answer
Hi,

I can confirm that KooRaRoo Media works now with the Huappauge recorded videos and I hope that you are happy to continue using KooRaRoo DLNA server and media organizer in your home.

For anyone else with a similar/same setup - just contact KooRaRoo's support and we'll let you know what the settings should be and how it all works together.

You can download a copy of KooRaRoo Media from http://www.kooraroo.com (there's a free 30-day trial available).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 20, 2019 Views 6,523 Applies to: