windows 8 media center guide shows no space available

Media guide shows not enough hard drive space to record show shen there is plenty of room.  The show records anyways.  How Do I change it to show that space is available?
Answer
Answer

Hi Henderrob,

I see that windows 8 media center guide shows not enough space is available. I will help you with this issue.

1.What is the make and model of the computer?

2.Which security software is installed on the computer?

Please follow these steps and let us know the status.

1. Close down Windows Media Center.

2. Open the Computer Management application and navigate down the tree in the left hand panel by selecting System Tools->Task Scheduler->Task Scheduler Library->Microsoft->Windows->Media Center.

3. In the top, centre panel find the task "Media Center Recovery Task" which should have a status "Ready". Right click on this task and select Run (status goes to "Running").

4. Wait a while for the task to do its stuff (the status doesn't seem to change) then right-click on the task again and select End (status goes back to "Ready").

5. Open Windows Media Center which will report that there has been a problem and that it is necessary to run through the setup again.

Refer.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-pictures/windows-media-center-wont-record-shows/4d191016-1ba9-4a0b-9938-c54d501e8d6f?msgId=b9898f33-1429-4c6a-bda2-7c051a2c251d

Why didn't my TV show get recorded in Windows Media Center?: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/windows-media-center-didnt-record

Hope it helps. For any further Windows related assistance, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help.

Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 150 Applies to: