Windows 8 and Xbox 360 connectivity problems

Since updating to Windows 8, i am having massive problems with streaming media to my Xbox 360. 

I previously had windows 7 and was able to stream media (films and music) either via windows media center or by connecting to my PC through the Xbox player and browsing the folder. 

Since updating to Windows 8, Media Center will not connect, It wont even set up. I get as far as entering the 7 digit code on set up and my computer says it cannot establish a connection. I have attempted to set up a connection to my PC through the Xbox and again it cannot connect.

In the list of devices the Xbox is displayed and although temperamental it does show that the Xbox is online and i am able to stream to my 360 using the video app and selecting "send to device" and selecting  the 360. Unfortunately this will randomly disconnect whilst playing and yesterday wouldn't work at all?  

I'm running windows 8 Pro 64 bit with media center installed. I'm connected via WIFI to my router but my Xbox 360 has a wired connection 

Please help, i'm getting so frustrated, I've spent a fortune in upgrading my PC and OS to loose all the functionality i previously had 

Many thanks 
Answer
Answer

Copy and past the music into your cloud folders, once this is done select all your music and right click the folders you want to listen to or your xbox. scroll down and select the option "include in library" then click music.

As Peteanon said go to windows medial player and make sure the name of your xbox is ticked, then click next until you get a password to put in your sharing LAN there are three pages. when you reach the last one click on print password and instructions. Follow the instructions on how to setup a sharing password between your xbox and pc.

for the last two days i have had a connection problem after i followed this method my music is streaming perfectly.

Note: i have an xbox 360 and i am note sure this will work with the xbox one, but it should do.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 1,694 Applies to: