why does windows media keep changing the album cover art

I can rip a cd into my system and it will take some time to grab the cover art into windows media.  When I correct this manually it will affect other cover art on unrelated recordings.  It seems that I am forever correcting the cover art. Why does it do this?  I've reset the so called automatic update in the rip options. Do I really have to go to Apple?

Mike

Question Info

Last updated June 15, 2019 Views 3,120 Applies to:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand you are facing an issue with the album art as the windows media keeps changing the album cover art. When you try to correct this manually it will affect other cover art on unrelated recordings

I would suggest you to perform the following methods and check if that help:

Method 1: Run the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

a. Press “Windows key + C” on your keyboard to show the Charms bar.

b. Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting under Settings.

c. Now select Programs in the search option.

d. Under Media Player, select Windows Media Player Settings to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

You may run the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter and check if that makes any difference. To do so follow these steps:

a. Press “Windows Key” + “W” from the keyboard.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar.

c. On the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

d. Click on “Windows Media Player Library”.

e. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps resolving the issue, if you have any queries related to Windows, feel free to post. I will be glad to help you.

Thanks & Regards!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

All I know is this helped with me,  I first tried downloading mp3tag. At first it did not work,  Then I made a folder for each artist and then it worked.   Every album has the album art I gave it. 

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know about the automatic downloading of files but I did figure out the reason it will change album art of completely unrelated artists that are labeled appropriately...I had a greatest hits album of an artist that I had ripped to my computer and had it filed under the music file all in the same folder cause it was on the same cd...but then one day I decided I wanted all of the songs to be rearranged according to the actual cd they were first recorded on and so then I put the songs on different albums in windows media player and copy and pasted the album art which now there were four different ones because I had all the songs tagged to four different albums. I close out of windows media player and reopen and all the album art for all the songs of that particular group were now all the same! I tried unchecking stuff in the options, I tried repasting the album art one at a time and each time closing and reopening windows media player and every time it showed one cover for all the four different albums no matter what I did! So a lightbulb went off in my head and I went back to the music folder where all the songs were still in the same folder cause that's how I had initially ripped the cd, and then I made a folder for each album and dragged the songs into the folder and as I did this (cause I still had windows media player opened), I watched as the album art magically changed back to the one I had actually pasted into it! So I guess the moral of the story is, you always have to have 'albums' separated into different folders in your music folder or else it won't recognize the songs are not part of that album even though it's tagged properly in the actual windows media player!

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.