Prevent Windows 8 File Explorer from deleting images Thumbnail Cache

I have many photos and videos (mp4), how can i keep the Thumbnail Cache not deleting and rebuilding when i log on to Windows?

Each time I start "Disk Cleanup", I make sure that "Thumbnails" are not selected.

Same issue with my friend's pc running Windows 7.
Answer
Answer

Hi Basubin,

It would be great if you can provide me with this information regarding this issue. Please do provide this information for a better understanding:

1.       Do you have any third party temp files cleaner or optimizing software installed on your computer?

2.       Did you try creating a new user account and check the issue in that account?

Some third party temp files cleaner or optimizing software sometimes deletes the thumbnail cache. So, if you have any such third party software installed on the computer, then you may have to make the necessary changes in their settings to prevent the deletion of the thumbnail cache in the computer. You may have to contact their technical support for assistance on this.

You may also try creating a new user account and check if the issue persists in it. To create a new user account, please try these steps:

Create an administrative user account using Command Prompt.

a)       Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b)       Select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu to open the elevated Command Prompt.

c)       In the “Command Prompt”, type the following command and press “Enter” key on the keyboard:

net user username password /add

(In the above command, replace “username” with any name that you would like to keep for the new account and “password” with a strong password to secure the new account)

d)       Now, you may logout from the current user account and then try logging into the new account which you have just created and check if the issue persists.

Regards,
Rajesh Govind - Microsoft Support Engineer

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 14, 2018 Views 989 Applies to: