Not getting the Windows 8 media center product key

Have asked for the Windows 8 media center product key a week ago and still have not received an e-mail. Nothing in my spam folder either.
This is a known issue.

Sometimes using different email address for requesting product key helps.If you experience the same using different email id you may try the following:- Depending upon the country where you are located ,call Microsoft Customer Service,eg.if you are located in US;Call  1-800-936-5700 or, 1-800-Microsoft (642-7676) and explain your problem. They will give you code over the phone.
Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP
http://mymce.wordpress.com/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I requested mine a full week ago and still nothing. I talked to 2 different MS customer care people via chat and both told me I would get it in another 24-48 hours. One was 3 days ago? I don''t understand why this is not automated and you can get the key instantly like I got my windows 8 key or any other software. It sound to me like something is majorly wrong. They could have snail mailed me the key by now. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is a known issue.

Sometimes using different email address for requesting product key helps.If you experience the same using different email id you may try the following:- Depending upon the country where you are located ,call Microsoft Customer Service,eg.if you are located in US;Call  1-800-936-5700 or, 1-800-Microsoft (642-7676) and explain your problem. They will give you code over the phone.

Got the SN! THANKS!
Any day above ground is a good one.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just spoke with 4 people on the Microsoft support line (on the phone for an hour) and was told it cannot be issued over the phone, it never was issued over the phone, and there was no one else I could talk to.

To say I am upset is an understatement.  His direction was to wait until I get it via email.  And he could not provide an estimate of time, and confirmed after I asked him 10x who I else I can talk to.  He said no one, it is not supported and ALL I can do is request it via the web site.

-Denis Burke

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 276 Applies to: